History of Kindai University Faculty of Engineering

1925
Osaka Technical College was founded.
1943
Osaka Science and Engineering University was founded.
1949
Kindai University was founded by merging Osaka Technical College and Osaka Science and Engineering University under the new Japanese education system.
1959
Kindai University Faculty of Engineering was established in Kure City. (Department of Industrial Chemistry and Department of Mechanical Engineering)
1962
Faculty of Engineering established the Department of Management Engineering.
1965
Faculty of Engineering established the Department of Architecture.
1991
A new campus of the Faculty of Engineering was established in Higashi-Hiroshima City; Department of Industrial Chemistry and Department of Architecture were relocated.
1992
Department of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science and Department of Mechanical System Engineering were established on Higashi-Hiroshima Campus.
1994
Programs in Material Chemistry and Architecture in Graduate School of Industrial Technology, Master Course, were established.
1996
Master Course in System Control and Production Systems and Doctoral Course in Material Chemistry were established. Master Course in Material Chemistry became the first half of the Doctor Course. Research Institute of Industrial Technology was established in Faculty of Engineering on Kure Campus.
1998
Program in System Design Engineering, (based on Master Program in Architecture, System Control, and Production Systems), was established for the second half of Doctor Course in Graduate School of Industrial Technology. Master Course in Architecture, System Control and Production Systems became the first half of Doctor Course.
Department of Management Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, was changed into Department of Management System Engineering.
1999
Department of Industrial Chemistry in Faculty of Engineering was changed into Department of Chemical Environment Engineering.
2001
Two departments on Kure Campus of Faculty of Engineering, Departments of Mechanical Engineering and Management System Engineering were relocated and consolidated into Higashi-Hiroshima Campus.
2002
Departments of Mechanical System Engineering and Management System Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, were reorganized and renamed Department of System Design Engineering and Department of Information and Systems Engineering, respectively.
2003
Department of Chemical Environment Engineering in Faculty of Engineering was renamed Department of Biotechnology and Chemistry.
2005
Graduate School of Industrial Technology was reorganized into Graduate School of Systems Engineering (first and second halves of the Doctor Course).
2006
Department of System Design Engineering was renamed Department of Intelligent Mechanical Engineering.
2007
Japanese Accreditation Board for Engineering Education (JABEE) granted FY2006 accreditation to Biochemistry Course in Department of Biotechnology and Chemistry, and to Mechanical Design Course in Department of Mechanical Engineering.
2008
JABEE granted FY2007 accreditation to Department of Architecture.
2010
Research Institute of Industrial Technology was renamed Kindai University Research Institute of Fundamental Technology for Next Generation.
2012
JABEE granted FY2011 accreditation to Department of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science.
2013
Department of Biotechnology and Chemistry, Department of Intelligent Mechanical Engineering, and Department of Information and Systems Engineering were renamed Department of Biotechnology and Chemistry (only its Japanese name was changed), Department of Robotics, and Department of Informatics, respectively.
2014
JABEE granted FY2013 accreditation to System Development Course in Department of Information and Systems Engineering*.
2016
Changed its English name from Kinki University, Faculty of Engineering to Kindai University, Faculty of Engineering.

* The current name is Information Systems Course in Department of Informatics.